Tuesday, 30th January 2001: in which I tell my story to my 'deanery' head

Continuing the story, I had to go to around to the St James' Church manse after the wedding rehearsal to pick up the wedding registrar. While there, I took the opportunity to tell Pastor W. what I had decided, given that he is the Zone Counsellor (equivalent of a 'deanery head'). He is also my father's cousin. He had a lot of questions, but at no stage did he say, “These questions don’t make sense”. I guess there will be many people to whom I will have to tell the whole story from scratch like this.

That night I listened to the Governor General’s Australia Day message. At the end of his message, he quoted the well known words of King George VI:

I said to the man at the gate of the year, give me a light. He replied: Put your hand into the hand of God, and it will be to you better than a light, and safer than a known way.
Nothing could be more appropriate for me at the moment.

No comments: